Saturday, February 9, 2013
I've received the Very Inspiring Blogger Award!
Thanks to the enterprising and industrious Fel Wetzig for nominating me for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award! Here are the rules:
1. Display the award logo on your blog.
2. Link back to the person who nominated you.
3. State seven things about yourself.
4. Nominate 15 bloggers for this award and link to them.
5.Notify those bloggers of the nomination and the award's requirements.
I know there are hundreds of blogs out there that are worthy of this award, but at the moment I can come up with only seven, so that will have to do. Here's the list:
Kat Anthony, author of topnotch fiction and an elegant blog called Kat's Blog, Musings on Authorship & Inspiration.
Antony Waller, a Yorkshireman who writes a most entertaining regional blog called A Shimmering of Northern Light
Tara Adams, whose blog is entitled Faith in Ambiguity and who has a real talent for both insightful and quirkily humorous writing
Vanessa Chapman, ever funny and entertaining; a Limebird.
4amwriter, also known as LimebirdKate, lively and informative
Sandra Tyler, topnotch writer of a personal blog entitled A Writer Weaves a Tale, a former writing instructor and a published novelist, a sponsor of the Old-Post Resurrection Hop.
E.C. Ambrose, author of a blog with a scholarly bent, including articles related to the research the author engaged in while preparing a historical novel soon to be released by DAW.
Now for the seven things about myself! I think I exhausted all the interesting stuff when I did the Versatile Blogger award, so I'll stick to trivia.
1. I'm a big fan of NCIS, although I don't watch the current year but instead wait for it to be rerun on USA. After watching a few episodes (The Meat Puzzle was the first one I ever watched), I became inured to gore and violence (is that good or bad?) But the characterizations are so good, it makes up for the graphic autopsies and corpses.
2. Between 1995 and 2012, flower gardening was one of my main hobbies (lilies a specialty), but I've given it up as of last summer (too much arthritis).
3. I'm not a big exerciser, but I do walk when the weather cooperates. The last thing I plan to do in my old age is slip on an icy sidewalk and break my hip.
4. "Early to bed, early to rise" is my mantra. I'm a morning person.
5. I hate to travel. Too many road trips as a child.
6. Did you notice how everybody in the audience at the inauguration was wearing a sock cap? I just bought myself one! Easy to put on!
7. I no longer cook anything more complicated than scrambled eggs. Today's lunch was a Lean Cuisine entree (tortilla-crusted fish, a favorite), cole slaw from the Safeway deli, and a whole lot of red table grapes.
And if you're not bored to tears yet, there's something wrong with you! :-)