Saturday, November 17, 2012

The Wonderful Team Member Readership Award!

       Not long ago, my blog received its third award -- the Wonderful Team Member Readership Award -- from Tara Adams at Faith in Ambiguity.  She called her post "The Ironic Nomination" because, she wrote, "A wonderful team member is perhaps not the best descriptor for me that anyone has ever chosen."  I agree with that where I'm concerned as well!  I've always been more of a loner or a one-on-one person than a team player!  But I certainly appreciate the nomination, so here goes the response!

Rules and questions (all of which are made to be broken as you like):
 
1. The Nominee of the Wonderful Team Member Readership Award will display the logo on his/her post/page and/or sidebar.  Here it is!
 
 
2. Over a period of 7 days (1 week), the Nominee shall nominate a number of readers that he or she appreciates – this can be done at any rate during the week. It can be all on one day or a few on one day and a few on another day, as most convenient to the Nominee.

3. The Nominee shall name his or her Wonderful Team Member Readership Award nominees on a post or on posts during the 7 day (1 week) period.

 I'm only going to nominate one blogger right now.  I've followed several new ones but haven't gotten familiar enough with them overall to be ready to recommend them.  My nominee is
 
Jenn Pearson at Wine-n-Chat
 
Now here is that set of pesky questions you're always required to answer:

1) Why do you blog?
       This one is easy.  I blog for the purpose of promoting my self-published books and also my ideas.  But in doing so, I've become acquainted with a lot of fascinating people, some of whom have turned into good cyberfriends, and I'm sure I have many more friends to make out there.  Now, if only more of them would buy my books and review them!  :-))
 
2) If you were trapped on a desert island, what book, DVD, food, cartoon character, and childhood game would you bring?
       Well, the books might be Tolkien's Lord of the Rings and Evangeline Walton's Mabinogion Tetralogy, but I would also want a set of my own writings, egotistical as that sounds, because I love reading my own books. Isn't that silly? (An old-fashioned set of printed encyclopedias and an unabridged dictionary wouldn't hurt, either, since I'm assuming there is no electricity on the island and hence ... no internet!  Horrors!)
       As for the DVD, the same quibble applies.  No electricity, no DVD player, no TV.  Same for the cartoon character (unless you had a printed version, in which case I would say Pogo, Peanuts, or Cul-de-Sac [alas, no longer with us]).  As for childhood games, I suppose I liked Monopoly, but it takes more than one person to play that.  I'd have to revert to making up stories and telling them to myself.
       And food?  On a desert island, the best thing you could have would be lots of canned goods and a can opener -- tuna, salmon, canned ham, beans, canned macaroni concoctions, veggies, etc. -- and probably lots of crackers if you could keep the bugs out of them.  Fruit you could probably find on the island, so you maybe you can avoid scurvy.  Oh, yes, a few cases of MREs probably wouldn't hurt, and bottled water and some soda.
       Now, I realize that these answers don't address the real purpose of the question, which would be to find out my favorite things.  So I've proved the question should be reworded!
 
3) Share a funny joke or one-liner.
       Oh, good, I just read one on another blog (in fact, I put it on my Facebook timeline):  I just got a new dog.  I got him from a blacksmith and as soon as I got him home, he made a bolt for the door.  Thanks to Vanessa Chapman!

4) What is your favorite thing about yourself?
       Gee, that's a tough one.  I might say -- I was resourceful enough to provide for a sufficient retirement income. 

5) What one word best describes you?
       My mother always called me "intense."  I would say at the moment, "driven," because even if I live as long as my mother did, I would have only another 15 years, and I have an awful lot of books in my head still to be written.      

6) If you could have a lifetime supply of any candy/candy bar, what would it be?
       Cadbury Easter eggs.  Delicious globes with thick, rich milk chocolate shells.  You bite into them and make a hole and suck out that wonderful, luscious, creamy filling, always seeking the golden splash that represents the yolk.  And then at last you're treated to the smooth feel of the chocolate as you bite down on it and it dissolves unctuously on your tongue!  Heavenly! 
       But on a less ethereal note, Snickers aren't too shabby!

7) What fictional character do you relate to most?
       Again, my own Kaitrin Oliva.  She isn't me, but she's what I would have liked to be -- an strong-willed, adventurous scholar who doesn't mind taking risks or getting out in the field and getting dirty.  I always wished I could have been an archaeologist, but I'm just too addicted to indoor plumbing, I hated field trips, and I am anything but a risk-taker.

8) If you were to write the story of your life, what would you call it?
       How about "There's Never Enough Time"?

Again, thanks to Tara, and I hope you found this post amusing!




2 comments:

  1. Lovely to find out a bit more about you here, I'm totally with you on the Cadbury's Creme Eggs, yum! And thank you for the shout out about the joke!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to hear from you here, Vanessa! I'm about to go read your new post now!

      Delete