Friday, March 22, 2013

Take Note: The Termite Queen Is Not a Series!

 
       It's come to my attention that some people may think The Termite Queen is a series of discrete novels.  I've always referred to it as a two-volume novel, but probably the meaning of that hasn't been clear or people have not encountered the information.  I wrote the story as one novel, but it was too long to publish in one volume (in print), so I divided it into two. 
 
       The whole piece has four sections:
       Pt. 1: Inception
       Pt. 2: Consummation
       Pt. 3: Dissolution
       Pt. 4 Absolution
      
       Parts 1 and 2 make up v.1, while v.2 includes Parts 3 and 4.  I considered renumbering the parts in v.2 as Pt. 1 and Pt 2, but that just wasn't right, so I retained the original numbering.
       I had to assign separate subtitles to each of the two volumes in order to distinguish them on Amazon and Smashwords.  Thus, the first volume became The Speaking of the Dead and the second volume became The Wound That Has No Healing
       Now maybe I could have published the whole novel as one ebook (I don't know if Kindle and Smashwords have a limit on length), but I didn't.  I still kept the 2v. format.
       And since it is not a series, there will be no more Termite Queen books.  There may be other books yet unwritten in which Kaitrin Oliva is a character, and she plays a part in The Labors of Ki'shto'ba Huge-Head (which IS a series).  But the novel The Termite Queen is complete!
 
       Format aside, since it's all one story, don't expect a big climax in v.1.  The big climax comes about halfway through v.2, with a secondary but very important climax right at the end.  If you read v.1 and don't read v.2, you're missing the major thrust of the book.  Just consider yourself warned!
 
BUY ALL MY BOOKS AT AMAZON OR SMASHWORDS!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment