Friday, May 11, 2012

Publishing Update, 5/11/2012

       Yesterday I uploaded the text for "The Termite Queen: Volume Two: The Wound That Has No Healing" and completed the cover.  This morning I'm still awaiting the approval, after which I'll order the proof copy.  I can't see any reason why it shouldn't be satisfactory, so you can expect the paperback edition to appear within two weeks (CreateSpace is very slow in sending out orders).  It will be a relief to have Volume Two available -- I thought I would never complete that final edit! 
       I have a number of projects on the table.  I'm still waiting to hear that A.P. Watt (holder of Robert Graves' ebook rights) received the check I sent them; I don't actually have permission to publish his quotations until I know they got the payment.  I had to mail it to the UK, and they promised to let me know when they received it.  Once I hear about that, I'll upgrade the Kindle version of "The Termite Queen, Volume One" to include the pair of omitted epigraphs.  I also want to upgrade the epigraphs on the Smashwords version and make one more try at satisfying their rules for inclusion in their premium catalogue.  Once both of those things are done, I'll probably run another special on Volume One.
       Then I'll have to start working up the ebook of Volume Two, but that's still some time in the future.  I hope some of you who bought Volume One earlier are reading the novel and looking forward to its gripping climax!  If you can't wait, you can always buy the paperback!
       In the meantime I intend to take some time to work on a few blog posts and maybe a book review or two.  I'm been neglecting blogging because of the formatting.
       So stay in touch!  Everything comes to those who wait, the wheels of the gods grind slowly, and all those other cliches!
      

No comments:

Post a Comment