Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Curmudgeonly Addendum to Previous Post

       I wrote a note to Smashwords speaking of my problem and here's what I got back:
"Thanks for your email. I see that your titles were recently reviewed. The reviewer has provided a message as to what modification is needed.  Please visit your Dashboard and click on the details link under the Premium status column."  And then they suggested I look at the Style Guide, the FAQ's, etc.
       All that does is send me back to where I was in the beginning.  I know all those things -- what I want to know is why the reviewer made the decisions he or she did.  But there is no answer, so I give up.  I'm defeated.  Volume Two of "Termite Queen" will appear on Barnes & Noble, Kobo, etc., but not Volume One. 
       I'm seriously considering not bothering to pub "Labors of Ki'shto'ba Huge-Head" on Smashwords.  I like to have it available for those other e-readers, but formatting it takes a long time and these books will present a whole new set of problems.  I think worrying around with Kindle will be quite enough.


Uh, oh -- it's a few minutes later and I just looked at the Smashwords Dashboard and now both volumes say, needs modification.  What I said above still applies.  I'd rather that neither volume appears in the other online stores rather than have only v.2.  So that's the way it will stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment