Sunday, March 4, 2012
Yet Another Publishing Update!
Someday I'll be finished with this aspect of it! The proof copy of the first volume of "The Termite Queen" wasn't really correct -- it deleted all my carefully orchestrated hyphenations at the ends of lines. Then I also found some errors that I had let slip through, so (to shorten the story) this morning I uploaded another revision that I think this time really will be satisfactory. It takes CreateSpace a day or so to review the upload and then I will have to order yet another proof copy, which is where the real delay occurs. They must use pony express to deliver the book! So count on about ten days before I can actually, finally, punch the publishing button! Then, of course, it takes three or four days to appear on Amazon. So say two weeks before the volume can be purchased. I hope some of you are eagerly anticipating that day!
The cover turned out fine! It's really eye-catching!
In the meantime, I'm going to continue to post chapters, at least through Chapter 13 and maybe a couple more. And I will be working of the preparation of Volume Two: The Wound That Has No Healing. I've completed all the epigraph work and added the permissions statements. The formatting will take some time -- and then there is the cover. I'm probably not even halfway through with that, so I'd better get to work on it right now!